Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Page Family

The Page Family plays a brief part in, well, my being here today and typing up this entry. Ha! Seriously, this is just one of the many branches of my very large family tree.

Bethia Page married John Swett, but, her line - well, at least as far as I've been able to trace back - begins in Acle, Norfolk, England with her great-great grandfather Robert Page who was born around 1550 and died prior to April 1587 when his last will and testament was probated - more on that later.

Robert Page married Martha (Surname Unknown) in 1577. They had four children:

Edmund Page (1575 - 1657)
Robert Page (1577 - 1617)
Cicely Page (1580 - ??)
Margaret Page (1582 - ??)



St Edmunds Church, Acle, Norfolk, England


Will of Robert Page of Acle in Norfolk, husbandman, made April 20, 1587...

I bequeath to Edmund Page my son my houses, tenements and lands in Acle with all pertaining thereto, to him and his heirs forever. To Robert Page my son £10, to be paid 20s yearly for ten years. To Cicely Page my daughter £5, 20s to be paid each year until £5 is paid. To Margaret Page my daughter £5 to be paid in like manner. I will that Martha my wife shall have for life the house where John Taylor now dwelleth, and 10s yearly, to be paid 5s half yearly or as she may need. Also the hole furniture, one table now in the house where Gosling dwelleth, etc. All the rest of my goods, cattells, implements and stuff of household I bequeath to the disposition of my executor, and I appoint Edmund Page my son my sole executor. Witnesses: Peter Downhill, Ralph Cootes, John Plum, William Smith, William Johnson, and John Downing.

From: "History of Hampton"- Salem Publishing, 1893, Vol.II, pp. 889-90

Robert Page II (Bethia's great-grandfather, and my 9th great grandfather) was born in 1577, and died July 16, 1617 in Ormesby, Norfolk, England. He married Margaret Goodwin (b. April 23, 1570 in Ranworth, Norfolk, England; d. April 11, 1637 in Ormesby, Norfolk, England) the daughter of Francis and Katherine Goodwin on July 16, 1598 . . . which, fast forward a few centuries to 1994 coincides with my anniversary with Frank. Ha!

Robert and Margaret had six children:

Francis Page (1600 - 1666)
Robert Page III (1604 - 1679)
Thomas Page (1606 - 1677)
Rebecca Page (1608 - 1677)
Ann Page (1609 - 1689)
Henry Page (1616 - 1667)


St. Margaret's Church, Ormesby, Norfolk, England

Will of Robert Page of Ormesby, County of Norfolk, husbandman, made July 1, 1617...

To Margaret Page my wife my house and land with all appurtenances thereto belonging, situate and being in Acle in the County of Norfolk for the term of her life. After her decease the sd house and land and all appurtenances thereto belonging to Robert Page my son, he paying all such legacies in such manner as is hereafter mentioned. To Thomas Page my son £5, to be paid by the said Robert Page two years after the decease of Margaret my wife. To Rebecca my daughter £5, to be paid by the sd Robert Page four years after the decease of Margaret my wife. To Henry Page my son £5, to be paid by the sd Robert Page six years after the decease of Margaret my wife. If it happen the said Robert Page my son does not pay the aforesaid legacies in manner and form aforesaid, my will and mind is that he or she who shall be unpaid their legacy shall reenter and possess the aforesaid house and land with all belonging until the fearme of the aforesaid house and land in Acle shall satisfy and pay their aforesaid legacy of £5. To Francis my son £7, Margaret my wife to pay it in manner following, viz. 40s hen the sd Francis attain the age of 21 years, and £5 when he shall attain the age of 24 years. My will is that my wife Margaret shall enter into two several bonds unto the sd Francis for the payment of the said seven pounds within five days after my death. The rest of my goods and chattels, movables and immovables, unbequeathed, I give to Margaret my wife whom I make sole executrix, to pay my debts and funeral charges and prove my will within one month of my death. If she shall refuse, then I ordain Francis my son to be my sole executor and Margaret my wife to be void. Any of my children departing this life before their legacy is due, their legacy shall be divided among the survivors. If Robert my son depoart this life before Margaret my wife, then I will my son Thomas have the house and land in Acle and pay the aforesaid legacies the Robert Should have paid. Witnesses: Ralph Smith, William Larwood, and Edward Boughton."
From: "History of Hampton"- Salem Publishing, 1893, Vol.II, pp. 889-90

Robert Page III (Bethia's grandfather, and my 8th great grandfather) was born in 1604, and died September 22, 1679 in Hampton, Rockingham County, New Hampshire. He married Lucy Warde (b. March 13, 1605 in St. Margaret, Norfolk, England; d. November 12, 1665 in Hampton, Rockingham County, New Hampshire), daughter of Francis Ward and Susanna Browne on October 8, 1629 in South Walsham, Norfolk, England.

Robert and Lucy had eight children:

Margaret Page (1629 - 1686)
Susanna Page (1631 - 1691)
Francis Page (1633 - 1706)
Rebecca Page (1636 - 1673)
Thomas Page (1639 - 1686)
Hannah Page (1641 - 1704)
Robert Page (1642 - 1643)
Mary Page (1644 - 1699)

The Last Will and Testament of Robert Page

In the name and fear of God Amen
I Rober Page of Hampton in the County of Norfolke in New England being aged and weak of Body butt sound of understanding and of a Disposeing mind doe make this my last will as followeth Haveing Comitted my selfe unto the almighty and shortly to lay of this Earthly tabernacle do Comitt my fraile body to the Earth to bee buried in Hampton burieing place in a Cristian and Decentt manner as my Children shall order & Appoynt And for whatt Estate God Hath bestowed upon mee in this world my will is thatt all my Just Debts bee first satiesfied and payd and my Estate to bee Disposed of as followeth
Ist I Give unto ffrancis page my Eldest son all my pastuer & upland which I bought of Lieut will Howard Containing Sixty Acres more or less besides a Certaine tracte which I Reserve for my Grand Child Robertt page the which is bounded with the land of Abr Drake and natt Boulter to a payer of barres Goeing into the Commons and from thence aboutt ten Rod in bredth to a bridg Goeing over the Swamp next Ed Colcords medow with two Acres Adjoining to boulters which parte of land so bounded I doe Reserve to Robertt page and all the Rest I Doe Give and Conferme to my son ffrancis page being aboutt sixty Rod more or lesse

2ly I Doe Give unto my sone ffrancis page one share of the Cowes Comon According to the vallue thereof

3ly I Doe Give unto mr Seaborn Cotton our Reverend pastor the some of five pound to be payd to him in Good merchentable pay as itt Comanly Goeth att Strabrey Bank within Halfe a year after my Decease if he Continow an officer in this Church till then

4ly I Doe Give unto my Daughter mary fogs two yongest Children the some of ten pound vizd to James fog five pound and to Hannah ffog five pound to bee payd to them by my son ffrancis page when they shall Attaine to the Age of Sixteen years

5ly I Doe Give unto my Daughter Margritt Samborn and to Her Seaven Children the some of fortie pounds to Bee payd by my son Thomas page viz to my Daughter margritt five pound to Josuph Moulton five pound to Benjmin moulton five pound to Hannah moulton five pound to bee payd within a year after my Decease and to the Rest viz to Sarah moulton now Sarah Haines the some of five pound to Ruth moulton now Ruth Samborn the sume of five pound to william moulton five pound, and to Jonathan Samborn five pound which is also to bee payd by my son Thomas page the fist year after my Decease & to william moulton my best weaning Calfe of this year

6ly I Doe Give unto the Children of my Daughter Rebecah and of my son in law william marston the some of fortie pound whereof ten pound is already payd the Rest to bee payd as followeth, five pound to Rebecah now the wife of John Smith and five pound to Hannah now the wife of Samuell foge, and five pound to Samuell Marston to bee payd by my Son Thomas page within two years after my Decease

Itt I Doe Give to my Grand Daughter Lucie marston the some of ten pound to bee payd to Her by my son ffrancis page within six years after my Decease: and five pounds to Meriah Marston the same year to bee payd by my son Thomas

7ly I Doe Give and bequeth unto my Daughter Hannah the wife of Henry Dow and to Her three Children the some of fortie pound viz to my Daughter Hannah the some of twentie five pound to bee payd to Her by my son Thomas page within three years after my Decease

Ittem I Doe Give unto Joseph Dow my Daughter Hannahs Eldest son the some of five pound

Itt to Symon Dow Her third son the some of five pound

Itt to Jabez Dow fourth son the some of five pound to bee payd to them by my son Thomas page the fourth year after my Decease

8ly: I Doe Give unto Samuell Dow my Daughter Hannahs second son my planting lott in the north plaine Containing thirteen Acres according as it is Granted and layd outt

9ly I Doe Give unto my Daughter mary ffog: the Houses which I have built upon my House lott where she now Dwelleth Sixty Rod of Ground Adjacentt as itt is now layd outt mor or lesse Duering the terme of her naturall life

Itt I Doe Give unto my Daughter mary fog five Acres of planting land more or less Adjoy[n]ing to the land of mr Samll Dalton towards the north west & the land of william Marston towards the south East, & two Swine & 3 of ye biggest shots & that wch is up a fatting

Itt I Doe Give unto my Daughter mary fog three Acres and halfe of pastur land which I bought of Nathaniel Bachelder Adjoyning to william fullers Swamp: and one share of the ox Common, and thatt Iland of Salt marsh by the landing place all Dureing Her naturall life and then to bee and Remaine to Her Eldest son Seath ffog after his mother Decease and my Daughters boyes to Helpe to Carrie the Dung outt this year & to have 12 load to lay on yt 5 acres bought of John Smith

10ly: I Doe Give and Bequeath unto my Grand Child Robertt moulton one share of the Cowes Comon and three Acres and Halfe more or less of Salt marsh which I bought of James philbrick which is bounded with marsh of William Samborn on the one side and the marsh of Robertt Smith on the other side

Itt I Doe Give unto the sd Robertt moulton my Iland of fresh medow that lieth above my planting land or pa[s]tuer by taylors River being by Estimation one Acre more or less as itt is with free Egres and Regres through my land to the same, and in Case the sd Robertt moulton Die without Issue then the sd lands and Commonage to bee and Remaine to his Brother Benjamin moulton

11 Itt i Doe Give unto my Son ffrancis page the one Halfe of all my fresh medow which I bought of Leiut Howard the whole being by Estimation Sixteen Acres Adjoy[n]ing to my Greatt lott, the which Sixteen Acres is to be Equally Devided betwixt my two sons my son ffrancis to Devide and my son Thomas to Choose after Devision the Stock yard to bee for both their use and thatt both of them their Heires and Assignes shall have free Egres and Regres to the sd stok yard and to their land According to their Devision from time to time for Ever

12ly: I Doe Give and Bequeth unto my Grand Child Robertt page my Son Thomas Eldest sone thatt tractt of land Reserved from my son frances his land Adjoyni[n]g to the land of Abra Drake and nath boulter and so to the Barrs thatt Goeth into the Comons towards John Garlands land with the two Acres Adjoin[in]g to Boulters fence and ten Rod more in bredth tot he Bridg thatt Goeth over the Swamp by Ed Colcords medow

Itt I Doe Give unto my Grand son Robertt page Eightt Acres of fresh medow by my son francies his medow the which he is to Enter upon and posesse att he Age of twenti fower years and his father to posesse and Injoy the same in the mean time

13 I Doe Give and Bequeth unto my two Grand Children Robertt page and Samuell page twentie Acres of upland att the Saw mill the which is to bee Equally Devided betwixt them, and they are to Enter upon itt att their fathers Decease and their fathers to Have the use of itt Duering the terme of their lives

14ly: I Doe Give unto my Grand Child John page one Hundred Acres of land Granted to mee in the west partt of Hampton bound, Called the new plantation

15 I Doe Give unto my two sones ffrancis page & Thomas page my Quarter partt of the old Saw mill built upon taylors River, with all the priveledge and appertinances thereunto belonging : and my son ffrancis page is to pay unto my Grand Child mary page the some of five pound : and to mr Samuell Dalton the some of twentie shillings as a Gratuity for his paines which is to bee payd by my sone francis page

16ly: I Doe Give unto my Grand Child Lucie page the Daughter of my son ffrancis page the some of ten pound to bee payd by my son Thomas page within seaven years after my Decease

17 I Doe Give unto my Grand Son Benjamin Moulton After my Decease one young Bull of two year old and upwards

18 I Doe Give unto my Daughter mary fog one fether bed with all the beden bedstead and furnituer thereunto belonging and also my Greatt Brass Kittle and my Daughter mary fog is to Have all the Crop of yt Ground Given to her both English and Indian Exept Halfe the oats, and to Have barne Rome for Corne and Hay Duering her life if she Remaine a widow and for such Cattle as are Robertt moultons and my Daughter fogs Childrens they are to Have a meett [pro]portion of the Hay thatt is made for the year following untill winter be over and my Daughter fog to Have Comonag to keep two Cows Duering the terme of her life and my Cloaths I Give to Her Children and one steer of a yer & vantag

19: I Doe Give unto my Grandson Robertt moulton one fether bed with the bolster Covelett and Appertinances thereunto belonging and my Sarg Coatt

20 I Doe Give unto my Grand Daughter mary page my son Thomas Daughter five pound as is mentioned in ye 15 Article and to my Daughter fog thatt bed which her Children lies upon

21: I Doe Give to my Gran son Robertt page that Chest which I brought outt of old England and my Copper Kittle

22: ffinally I Give and Bequeath unto my son Thomas page my Dwelling House barnes Stables and all other buildings being and standing upon my land not otherwayes Disposed of with all my land marsh and medow Comonage and all Rights priveledges and Appertinances to mee belonging in the towne of Hampton with all my tooles and Implements of Husbandry my stock of Cattle and all moveables both within Dores and withoutt that are nott other wayes Disposed of by this my last will

And I Doe make Constitute and Appointt my Son Thomas page to bee my sole Exectuer to this my last will and testementt and my son in law Henry Dow to bee my overseer to see thatt the same bee performed in Evry part thereof as itt is Declared and if my Exectuer faile in the [per]formance of any parte thereof itt shall bee in the power of my over seers to pay any part of Legacy outt of the stock or other Estate and I Doe by these prsents Nullifie and make voyd all former wills made by mee and for the Confermation of this my last will and testament I have Hereunto sett my Hand and Seale the Ninth Day on September in the year of our Lord one thousand Six hundred and Seaventy nine Enterlined in the fifteenth Article and one line Rased in the 17th and one in the twentieth before the Sealing Herof

his
Rober X [eal]
pag mark & Seale

Deacon page Signed Sealed and
Declared this to bee His last will in
the prsents of us
Samuell Dalton
John Smborne
Jonathan Wedgwood

[Proved Nov. 11, 1679]

[Essex County, Mass., Probate Files, and Norfolk County, Mass., Deeds, vol 3, p. 26]

[Inventory of the estate of Deacon Robert Page, taken by Thomas Marston, Nathaniel Weare, and Samuel Dalton Oct. 10, 1679; amount, £579.4.0.]

[Essex County, Mass., Probate Files, and Norfolk County, Mass., Deeds, vol 3, p. 28.]


Thomas Page (Bethia's father, and my 7th great grandfather) was born in 1639 in Hampton, Rockingham County, New Hampshire and died September 8, 1686 in Hampton, Rockingham County, New Hampshire. He married Mary Hussey (b. 1638 in Newbury, Essex County, Massachusetts; d. January 21, 1732 in Hampton, Rockingham County, New Hampshire), daughter of Christopher Hussey and Theodate Bachiler on February 2, 1663 in Hampton, Rockingham County, New Hampshire.

Robert and Lucy had seven children:

Mary Page (1664 - 1750)
Robert Page (1667 - 1686)
Christopher Page (1670 - 1751)
John Page (1672 - 1729)
Theodate Page (1675 - 1676)
Stephen Page (1677 - 1714)
Bethia Page (1679 - 1736)

The Last Will and Testament of Thomas Page of Hampton, 1686

In the name of God Amen

I Thomas page of Hampton in ye province of new Hampsheire in new England being Sick and weak of Body * * *

Ittem I give and bequeath unto Mary my loveing Wiffe all my Cattell of all sorts whatsoever (Excepting two young oxen that were my son Roberts in his life time and one young mare which oxen and mare I have hereafter disposed of in this my last will), I also give unto Mary my loving wife all my Houshold goods and Impliments of Husbandry to be all att Her disposing ffor the bringing up my children
Item I give and bequeath unto my son Christepher page all my Houssing my Dwelling House barns stable and all my out houses with orcherd yards and all my lott wher the sayd Houses sand be the same more or less that wase Given to me by my father Excepting: the two acres & a half that I bought of John Marston which I have otherways disposed of I also give unto the sayd Christepher page my pece of meadow Com'only Called my littell Meadow with all the land adjoyning to it that wase some times ffenced in ffor a pausture be the same more or less as it wase ffenced as also my salt marsh lieng over the landing place rever be the same more or less as itt is: as also a small pece of marsh about three acres more or less lieng by william ffullers marsh as also one shear of the great oxe Com'on that lieth part over the great neck by Sergens Island and two shears of the Cow Com'ons with all Rights privilidgs and appurtinances belonging to the sd shears as also my part of the Sawmill all which the sayd Christepher is to Entre upon and Injoy when he shall Come to the age of twentie ffower years but no sooner Except his mother pleasith: my wife to have the use and improvement of all the above mentioned houss and lands untill my son Chistepher arive to the age of twentie fower years ffor Her Comfortable livelyhood and bringing up my children and upon Christephers possesing the fforementioned Houses and lands Hee is to take Care to maintaing His mother Comfortably and Honorably during her naturall Life or to Her day of marriage or if he ffaile my wife shall have libertie to make use of my Houssing and so much of my lands as will mainetaing Her Honorably So long as she live or to Her day of marriage And in case it shall please God to take my son Christepher out of this life before he have any children then the above mentioned Houses and lands is to goe to my son John page upon the Conditions above sayd that His Mother be Honorably maintained as above sd:

Ittem I give and bequeath unto my son John page about two acres and a half of land bee the same more or less that lieth att the lots end that I bought of John Marston: as also my Right of that land which is one Half of the land granted to My father by Jacob garlands be the same more or less as it is as also the one Half of that pece of meadow or marsh that wase my ffather Hussys nere ben: shaws lieng betwen the marsh of the Towne of Hampton and Isaac godfree the sayd John to have his Half att this end next the upland as also all the meadow and upland one both sids the way on this sids John massons that wase my ffather Hussys and by him given to my wife be the same more or less and one half of my Beach Meadow be the same more or less John to devide and Steven to choose and also one sheare of the Cow Com'ons with all Rights privillidges and appurtinances thereunto belonging: He to Enter upon the Same att the age of twentie one years and his mother to have the use and improvement of it the meen whill for the bringing up my children
Item I Give unto my Daughter Mary Roby one shear of the great oxe Com'on with all Rights thereunto belonging: lieng partt next Hen: Moultens sheare and those two young oxen that were my son Roberts pages in his life Time:

Item I give unto my son steven page all the upland swamp and meadow ground that wase given to my son Robart page by his grandfather Robert page in his will that lieth att he Lott : be the same more or less: as it is as also the one half of my beach meadow he to choose after John have devided it: as also the sotherly end of the meadow or marsh by Ben: shaws that wase some time my father Hussys steven to have one Half: of that as also one sheare of the Cow Com'ons of Hampton he to Enter upon the same att the age of twentie one years and his mother to have the use and improvment of it till that time for the bringing up of my children
Ittem I give unto my Daughter Bethiah page the some of ffortie pounds to be payd to Her by my sons John page and Steven page in marchentable pay att priz Current twentie pound apece the one Half to be payd when she shall arive to the age of Eighteen years and the other att twentie ffive years ould:
Also my will is that my three sons and young Daughter be att my wifes dispossing untill thay Come to the age above sd Except thay shall dispose of themselfs by marriage before that time.
Ittem I give my young Bay Mare goeing of two yeare ould to my Cossen Samuell Marston My sister Rebeckas son.

And I doe appoint Constitute and make my loving wife mary page to be my sooll Exequetrix to this my last will and teastiment: In wittnes here unto I the above sayd Thomas page have hereunto put my hand and seall this thirtie first day of August sixeteen Hundred and Eightie sixe and in the second yeare of the Reigne of our Soveraigne Lord James the second by the grace of God of England scotland ffrance and Ireland King &ct:
Thomas page
his mark X & seal [seal]
Witnes
Samuell Marston
Seth fog
James fog
Henry Dow:
[Proved Oct. 7, 1686.]
[Inventory of the estate of Thomas Page, who died Sept. 8, 1686; taken Oct. 1, 1686; amount, £728.0.0; signed by John Sanborn, Thomas Marston, and Henry Dow.]

This last will and testament documents the following: wife Mary, and children Robert, Christopher, John, Stephen, Bethia, and Mary. The will also mentions father Hussey, which would be his father-in-law Christopher Hussey.

And this brings us to Bethia Page my 6 x great-grandmother who was born May 23, 1679 in Hampton, Rockingham County, New Hampshire, and died April 16, 1736 in Hampton, Rockingham County, New Hampshire.

Bethia married John Swett (b. May 17, 1670 in North Hampton, Rockingham County, New Hampshire; d. September 3, 1753 in Kingston, Rockingham County, New Hampshire) son of Captain Benjamin Swett and Hester Weare on December 3, 1696. 

Bethia and John had seven children:

Huldah Swett (1699 - 1738)
Sarah Swett (1700 - 1797)
John Swett (1702 - 1748)
Elisha Swett (1705 - 1788) - this is a man, just in case you were wondering.
Benjamin Swett (1707 - 1787)
Nathan Swett (1711 - 1796)
Moses Swett (1714 - 1714)

The Last Will and Testament of John Swett

In the Name of God Amen The 16th Day of June 1748 I John Swett of Kingstown in the Province of New Hamps; in New England Gent
Imp Whereas there is a Jointure Contract, or Agreement, between me & my Well beloved wife Sarah (2nd Wife); before Marriage as by Jointure, or Contract, may at large appear, Over & above what is mentioned & Contained in said Jointure or Contract, I Give & bequeath to my Sd (said) wife Sarah A good New Milch Cow, and All my Swine, (to be at her Dispose) & to be Delivered to her upon her Request after my Decease & Twenty pounds (in Old Tenour Bills) now in her hands, but If I Should make use of sd Twenty Pounds, then to be paid out of my Estate.
Item I Give & Bequeath unto the Children of my well beloved Son John Swett (Late of sd Town Deceased) Twenty Shillings Each (Old Tenour) to be paid out of my Estate, their said father John haveing already had his portion out of my Estate, said money to be paid to said Children as they arrive to the age of Twenty one years.
Item I Give & Bequeath unto my well beloved son Benjamin Swett Thirty pounds (Old Tenour) to be paid in Three years after my Deceas viz: Ten pounds per year, and the One Half of my wearing Cloaths, and also One Cow & Three Sheep
Item I Give & Bequeath unto my well beloved son Nathan Swett (my ancestor) fifteen pounds (Old Tenour) to be paid out of my Estate, at the End of one year after my Decease, And also one Cow, & Three sheep, & the other Half of my wearing Clothes, (he the said Nathan haveing also had Considerable out of my Estate)
Item I Givu unto my well beloved son in Law Samuel Winslowe Husband of my Daughter Huldah Deceas’d five shillings, And to the surviveing sons of said Daughter Hulday I Give & bequeath forty shillings to Each to be paid in (Old Tenour) in Two years after my Decease & to Elizabeth, Daughter of the said Huldah (now the wife of William Buswel Ter) Half the Household Stuff that was my first wifes (Bethia to be delivered to her upon her Request after my Decease
Item I Give & Bequeath unto my well beloved son in Law Thomas George (Husband of my well beloved Daughter Sarah) five shillings as also to my said Daughter Sarah fifteen pounds (Old Tenour) to be paid in Three years after my Decease as followeth viz: five pounds per year till the said sum paid; And to Each of the Children of my said Daughter Sarah I Give & bequeath forty shillings apiece (old Tenour) to be paid in Two years after my Decease, and further to my said Daughter Sarah I Give & Bequeath the other Half of the Household stuff that was my fore mentioned first wifes to be at her Dispose __ And I do hereby Declare it to be my will that my Executor hereafter named shall pay all the forementioned Legacies
Item I Give & Bequeath unto my well beloved Son Elisha Swett, who I Likewise Constitute make and Ordain Sole Executor of this my Last Will & Testament, All and singular my Lands, Messuages Buildings & Orchards, wherever, & however, Laying, & being, Butting & Bounding, to him my said son Elisha Swett his Hiers & assigns for ever to his & their own proper Use benefit & behoof forever, the same to Have & To Hold forever, with all my stock of Cattle Horses & sheep that are not yet Disposed of, and also all my Implements for Husbandry, for men or any other Creature to use, or work with and also all my Tools or Implements for any sort of Trade or other Calling, with every other thing (If any there be) not mentioned in this my Last Will & Testament; And I do hereby utterly dissalow Revoke & Disanul all & every other forerm Testaments wills Legacies & Bequests, & Executors by me in any ways before Named & Bequeathed, or Willed, Ratifying & Confirming this & no other to be my Last Will & Testament; In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand & Seal the Day & year first above written.
Signed Sealed Published Pronounced & Declared by the said John Swett as his Last Will & Testament in the presence of us the Subscribers
Eben Stevens
Jed. Philbrick
Jeremy Webster
[Proved Sept. 26, 1753}

[Inventory, Sept. 28, 1753; amount, 2171.17.0 pounds; signed by Jedediah Philbrick and Jeremy Webster]

Note: For the most part, I left the words, capitalization, etc., as was found in the document with the exception of Sd, which I took to mean said and Deceasd, which I took to mean deceased, and pr, which I took to mean per.
The above found in the following book: State of New Hampshire. Town Charters – originally published in 1915 under the title Probate Records of the Province of New Hampshire, Vol. 3 1741 - 1749
And here ends the Page Line as it merged with the Swett Line, but, since I'm writing this, the descent from the Page family did continue as follows . . .
Nathan Swett married Mary Dearborn, daughter of Thomas Dearborn and Mary Garland. They had the following children: Bethia, Mary, Nathan, Dearborn, and Thomas.
Dearborn Swett (he was the first to change the name from Swett to Sweat) married Elizabeth (Surname Unknonw). They had the following children: Mary, Elizabeth, Israel, and Clarissa.
Israel Sweat married first Sally Russell. They had the following children: Hiram, Louisa, Alonzo, Russell, Saraha and John Wesley. He married secondly Charlotte Hare-Sprague, widow of Daniel Sprague. They had the following children: Alexander, Agnes, Israel, and Anna.
Alexander Sweat married Catherine Delana Langdon, daughter of Roswell Lee Langdon and Charlotte Chloe Richardson. They had the following children: Emily, William Joshua, Nancy, James, and Elizabeth (Lizzie) Ann.
William Joshua Sweat married Margaret Morris, daughter of Joseph Morris and Elizabeth Hall. They had the following children: Joseph Leo, James Monroe, George Alexander, John Patrick, Benjamin Franklin, William Oscar, Catherine Elizabeth, Mary Ida, Charles Daniel, and Mary Isabell.
William Oscar Sweat married Mary Willie Boone, daughter of Victor Ivo Boone and Mary Willie Watson. They had ten children, thirty-six grandchildren, and I don't have a clue how many great and great-great grandchildren. Suffice it to say there's a bunch. Ha!
And here officially ends the descent, at least for now, until some future generation picks it up and keeps on going and going and going . . .
 

No comments:

Post a Comment