Friday, October 7, 2011

It's All in the Name . . .

. . . as in getting the correct name of an ancestor to begin with to make dancing with the ancestors a bit easier.

Example: Phebe Clark, allegedly the daughter of Daniel, married Daniel Langdon, through which, my maternal grandfather is descended since Delana Catherine Langdon married Alexander Sweat. Their son William Joshua married Margaret Morris, and had three children, one of which was my grandfather.

Anyhow, I'd never been able to find anything past Daniel Clark. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

Until today! Woo-hoo!

I did a Google (I bow down to the greatness of Google, btw) search as follows: Phebe Clark, wife of Daniel Langdon. Voila!!! I found her parents . . . David Clark and Hannah Woodruff.

So, at some point, someone loading information on Ancestry got lazy. L-A-Z-Y!! Don't do it, people. Confirm your facts before putting stuff out there. Just sayin' . . .

So, when dancing with the ancestors, don't stop digging until you discover the truth, as in Daniel was really David!

S

No comments:

Post a Comment